IN AN EFFORT TO KEEP SOME FORM OF PRIVACY...

We would love you to add our blog as a link on yours, but please just use our first names. Thanks!!

Wednesday, July 4, 2007

Happy Father's Day!

Father's Day at our house was very eventful. Josh and I were asked to speak in church that day and we were given a very fitting topic. Fathers. You would think that it would be an easy topic to speak on but I spent the entire week wracking my brain trying to figure out just what I wanted to say. I even called my siblings and my mother to ask what kinds of things they would say. Well I don't usually let family members know when I am speaking in church it just makes me more nervous if they show up. Well Saturday night came along and we stayed up until about 3 or so finishing or so we thought our talks. So because it was Father's Day when the girls woke up I took them downstairs for a little while to play while Josh slept a little longer. When I finally woke him we decided that we would give him his gifts later that day so we could just get ready for church. Well Abi was a little too excited to contain herself and blurted out "Daddy, Daddy, We got you Jerky!" So I thought to myself. Ok that was just a small part of the present so I gave it too him and decided to do the rest later. But that was not Abi's plan. She again excitedly exclaimed "Daddy, Daddy, we got you tools!!!" So much for saving things for later. Next year I will have to go shopping without her. She's just too cute!
Well we got up and finished getting ready for church. After making last minute changes on our talks we left making sure we were a few minutes early so that we could sit on the front row so we could tag team and not have our kids running around on the stand. Well after two youth speakers it was my turn to get up. I got up and Explained briefly why we were sitting on the front row, then started into my talk. I got as far as My name is Shanna Coleman and looked up saw that my parents were there and burst into tears. And I cried through my entire talk. Yep that's me I'm a bawl baby. Josh on the other hand, got up and gave a very nice talk. After Church we went to Josh's dad's house for dinner. We spent some time with his family and then stopped by to see my dad again. It turned out to be a very nice day. After the talks that is.

No comments: