IN AN EFFORT TO KEEP SOME FORM OF PRIVACY...

We would love you to add our blog as a link on yours, but please just use our first names. Thanks!!

Thursday, December 31, 2009

It's a......................


I'm behind in posting this. But for those of you who do not have a Facebook page and who I've not talked to or mainly for my own record keeping purposes should I ever decide to put all of this into a book; we had our ultrasound on December 8th and are pleased to announce that we are expecting........ANOTHER GIRL!!!!!
It was a quick and kind of interesting visit. After the tech did the ultrasound and took all the measurements and told us the gender, the doctor came in and one of the first things he said to us was "Now you've heard the saying Don't shoot the messenger right?" We said yes and then he said something to the effect of us being ok with another girl and then stated, "Well, when you make them so well, why break the mold?" We talked about it on the way home. And both stated how though we were hoping to have a boy some day we were happy to have another girl join our family and we are glad that she is healthy as far as they can tell.
So come April Josh will still be extremely out numbered as the only male member of our family (with the exception of Ivan).
**edited to include the girls responses**
Abi's response was a little heart breaking. She really wanted to have a brother but after a little talk she is now happy to be getting another sister. I don't think she really understood that eventually she may get a brother but if not then that's ok. Hannah however....she was happy but imediately after we told her she said "Can I go play in the snow?" Not sure it really phased her much at all.**

1 comment:

Kellye said...

I'm sorry! I just have to laugh, because in our house...I'm extremely outnumbered, so much that I had to buy a girl hamster. So Josh, go pick out a nice boy fish or something! Congratulations though! I'm so happy for you guys!