IN AN EFFORT TO KEEP SOME FORM OF PRIVACY...

We would love you to add our blog as a link on yours, but please just use our first names. Thanks!!

Saturday, February 27, 2010

So little time......

Over the past week I've been quite busy. I have so much to do and less than 9 weeks to do it in.
Since I'm not watching 4 additional children on an everyday basis anymore it's time to get things done!
Before; I had absolutely NO ENERGY. Now I don't have nearly as much as I'd like to have or that I need sometimes but I have motivation. I'm actually quite sick of the "junk" and I know there's a lot to do before this baby comes.
So last week, we moved (for the most part) the office back down to the basement to share a room with the playroom for the time being. Then all of the baby stuff got moved upstairs into the bedroom so I could go through it. Eventually once we get a few things done with the area under the stairs the toys will be transferred there.
Here's a look at what the new baby's room currently looks like.........

Scary huh! This is the result of having two babies plus having a sister that has given me everything from her babies. So not only are there several boxes of girl clothing in this mess there's also several boxes of boys clothing. Along with two bouncers, a walker, a saucer, bathtub, etc. So for the past few nights I have been going through a lot of it to get rid of some things that I don't need. Which has led me to a dilemma.
As you know we are having another girl. Who knows if I am ever going to have a boy. At one point I thought it would be great to have stuff for both boys and girls. Hence the reason I've been taking the items from my sister. Now as I go through stuff I am wondering if I should keep any of it. I hate having things around that I don't use. I told Josh I had thought about just getting rid of it all and he said "just watch you're going to do that and then we'll find out that the ultrasound was wrong and the baby is actually a boy." Just my luck that would be the case although it seemed pretty clear that a girl was what was coming so that's what I'm getting ready for. So do I keep it at least until after the baby is born and then get rid of it or do I just get rid of it now?
I'm just so tired of all of the JUNK that we have collected that we don't really need right now! I hate feeling like we don't have room for anything anymore. And I'm more than ready to get rid of a lot of it!

3 comments:

Heidi said...

Well I say keep some of it just in case. You know that even if the ultrasound is pretty clear it could still be wrong but also you never know you may have a boy in the future so I say keep it. Plus if by chance you do keep it and forget about it and I have a baby in the near future I can take some of the things off your hands! :) BUT we did talk about it and I wont be hurt if you get rid of it now cause I know i will end up with stuff anyways. :)

Scarlett said...

Hmmmmm. Hard situation. This post was done awhile ago, so I am interested in knowing what you ended up doing. I'm in the same boat, though. Eventually we will be having more kids, so I have also accumulated a ton of stuff. It's nice to have the stuff, but it is also clogging up my basement. So annoying!

KTprice said...

when my mom had her ultrasound for me they told her it was a boy. so all of her showers and gifts were boy stuff, then I came out as a girl!! Surprise! maybe just hang onto it for another 38 days ish... then chuck it!