IN AN EFFORT TO KEEP SOME FORM OF PRIVACY...

We would love you to add our blog as a link on yours, but please just use our first names. Thanks!!

Friday, June 25, 2010

Blessing Day

Earlier this month we had our families come down and Josh was able to give Emalee a name and blessing at church. She did so good. I fed her right before church and she was wide awake during the blessing but didn't make a sound. Then she went right to sleep shortly after that portion of sacrament meeting was over.
As the meeting proceeded with testimonies of other people in the ward Hannah walked up to me and said very quietly "Mommy I want to give a talk today." I was in shock for a minute after which I said "Where?" And she turned and pointed to the pulpit and said "Up there." I again was shocked; see we haven't been the greatest teachers in that area. Family Home Evening is something that is rather difficult to have with our current schedules though we should try harder. And we haven't had much discussion yet about testimony meeting (though we have talked about testimonies in general and what they are). So Josh took her up to the pulpit so she could bear her testimony. I thought for sure she was going to get scared and not want to do it once she was up there but she did great.
After the meeting we came back to our house and had a little brunch and got to visit with family.

1 comment:

angee said...

One word: Beautiful!