IN AN EFFORT TO KEEP SOME FORM OF PRIVACY...

We would love you to add our blog as a link on yours, but please just use our first names. Thanks!!

Monday, March 24, 2008

Happy Easter!

We had a really great Easter this year. The girls got to participate in 3 egg hunts. We had one on Friday with our neighborhood. They had all of the parents bring 10 eggs per child, and then they went out and spread them around out the park. Then Josh's family came over on Saturday for Josh's Birthday get together and we did a hunt then. And on Sunday after church we went up to Josh's mom's house and she did another hunt for the kids. They had a lot of fun.
Ok so last week Josh had asked Abi why we celebrate Easter and he got the answer "Because it rains." So on Friday Josh's mom came over to drop off a gift to him. And she asked abi why we celebrate Easter, then she proceeded to tell her exactly why we celebrate it. An in-depth conversation that I would expect to be given to an 8 year old or something. And Abi just sat there and stared up at her with a blank expression on her face. When AnnaMarie was finished Abi said "Oh" and walked away. So Saturday I asked her if she remembered why we celebrate easter(not really expecting anything different from the answer she gave Josh or at least something similar). She said "Because Jesus died for us, and he was resurrected." I was blown away! She remembered! I'm so proud of her. She's so smart!
As for me Easter was really great this year. At church yesterday we missed most of Sacrament meeting which I felt really bad about later because I hear it was really good. In Relief Society our lesson was on Elder Holland's talk from October Conference, about the godhead. One of the sisters (a convert) was asked to share her testimony. She got up and began speaking about dreams she had had shortly after she was baptized. One of them was where she knew that Christ was coming to visit and the house was so messy and she was not ready at all. She said that when the Savior got there he just wrapped her in a hug and she cried saying she was not ready and he told her that it was ok that she was not ready because he was ready enough for the both of them. And that just blew me away and I started crying. Then the teacher got back up and started talking about something that the youth speaker had spoke about in Sacrament (one of the talks we missed) where he had mentioned a talk given by President Faust. And I'm not exactly sure if these things came from President Faust's talk but he mentioned thinking about the Garden of Gethsemane and asking himself how many drops of blood were shed for him. And then commenting on the fact that even if he were the only person in the world Christ would still have gone to the garden to suffer and then to calvary to die for him.
How true this is. It's a little saddening to think that he would have to go to the Garden of Gethsemane and suffer for my sins but at the same time makes my love for my Savior grow more and more to know that he did go to Gethsemane to suffer and then to the cross to die for me. So that I can return to live with him and my Father in Heaven again someday. I can only imagine what the day will be like when I can stand face to face with my Savior Jesus Christ and thank him for everything he did to make it possible for me to live with him and my father again.
Here are the pictures of the egg hunts and the girls in their dresses.(I hope the slideshow works it takes a long time to load.)

1 comment:

Debbie said...

Those little dresses are so cute. I got becca the same one except the dots are pink and green. Your litte girls are so so cute and I can't believe how much your oldest one look just like you. Lucky girl!