IN AN EFFORT TO KEEP SOME FORM OF PRIVACY...

We would love you to add our blog as a link on yours, but please just use our first names. Thanks!!

Friday, July 18, 2008

Still Alive

Wow! I can't believe that summer is already half over! It took forever to finally get here and now it's just whizzing by.
A while back Josh's work did an open house. A big deal for them since no one is ever allowed in except for employees. The kids had a lot of fun trying ice cream made with liquid nitrogen and trying on the suits daddy has to wear at work. And they got to learn a little bit about what daddy does at work. They also had a tour but i couldn't go because I had open toed shoes.

The weekend following Abi's birthday we had the opportunity to go on our ward camp out. This was a pretty big deal for us. We don't normally get to go camping. Josh's work schedule makes it pretty hard to do anything on weekends. But he took the weekend off and we went to the ward camp out. It was a lot of fun and the girls did pretty well sleeping in sleeping bags. Hannah even slept without her binky that night because mom left it at home. The the following day we went to go see Wall-E. Josh's work had a private screening and we thought it would be fun to take the girls. We liked it. The girls did pretty well until about the last 1/2 hour when they started getting a little restless. They were pretty tired from getting to bed late the night before. That night (after naps) we drove up to Ogden to go to a concert and see Fireworks with Josh's mom and sister's family. It was fun.
Then on Tuesday July 1st a routine trip to Wal-Mart was cut short when Hannah decide to stand up in the cart when I wasn't looking and then I turned and she toppled head first out onto the concrete floor. In the fall she hit forehead on one of the displays they have sitting in the middle of the main isles. Needless to say we immediately left the store and went home. I called Josh who was working overtime and he came straight home. Then we took her down to Orem to see a family friend who is a chiropractor who adjusted her neck and back and then assisted Josh in giving Hannah a priesthood blessing. She was crying and screaming up until they started the blessing then she calmed down and even had a few smiles on the way home saying she looked like a monster because her eye was starting to swell and change color. Here's a few pictures the first one is on the way home from the chiropractor and the second is the next morning. She could barely open her eye but she loved the fact that it was purple!

Still two and a half weeks later she still has a little bit of a bruise under her eye.
On the 4th of July Josh had to work but my family came down and had a BBQ and then we all went over to Thanksgiving Point to see the fireworks. My parents came too! And after he got off work Josh came and so did his mom and Jen's family. It was so much fun! For pictures go to my family's blog since this post is getting extremely long.
Then last week I had the opportunity to go to Youth Conference with the Youth in our ward. We went up to Camp Timberlane near Duschesne. It was Stake Youth Conference with a Survivor Theme. It was a lot of fun! They put us into Tribes and taught us different survival techniques such as water purification, orienteering, first aid, trapping, how to build a fire and search and rescue. Most of which I've been taught before but a refresher course is always helpful. Then the second day we went on a hike. 3 miles up and back. That day I learned what heat exhaustion feels like and I also learned I need to drink more water on a daily basis. Since I am not one to drink water (I don't really like it) this is a big feat for me. We'll see how it works out. So far not so great. And one week later I'm still trying to catch up on sleep (not because the youth kept us up I just didn't sleep well).
So in case you were wondering yes we are still alive. We've just been busy having a lot of fun!

1 comment:

Debbie said...

Hannah is darling. I love that last picture of her, she looks very proud of her black eye. too cute!