IN AN EFFORT TO KEEP SOME FORM OF PRIVACY...

We would love you to add our blog as a link on yours, but please just use our first names. Thanks!!

Friday, August 15, 2008

Bugged!!!

I need to vent! I am not now nor have I ever claimed to be the perfect mother. That being said I always have the best interest for my children at heart. I received a comment (which has since been deleted) by an anonymous person regarding Hannah's fall out of a cart at Wal-Mart last month. This comment bothered me. Not only was this person too coward to leave their name but they assumed they knew more about the situation and what was best for Hannah than I did.
Now I admit there are times in which I wonder about some mothers methods of childcare/rearing. But I would never in my wildest dreams attempt to tell someone what they should have or shouldn't have done in a situation. Not only that but I become a little angry when someone tries to tell me what is best for my children. It's nobody's business how I choose to raise my children and it's nobody's business how I choose to handle these types of situations! As long as my childrens lives are not threatened by me BUTT OUT! Mind your own business! If you want to leave a comment asking how she is doing or hoping she gets better that's fine and I thank you for it. But those who are only getting the information which I choose to type on this blog can keep their rude, cowardly, anonymous comments to themselves thank you!
Hannah is doing fine. She had no issues with her sight after the accident due to the fact that she did not hit her eyes on anything. She smacked her forehead right above her eye and as a result the blood pooled around her eye giving her a black eye. She's had no further issues with her back or neck because we had it taken care of very soon after the accident. Now I know there are those out there who don't like chiropractors. There is only one chiropractor that I give my complete trust. He is a long time family friend and therfore I know he would not do anything that would cause harm to myself or any member of my family.

4 comments:

Amy said...

I agree with you! I love when people think they would know how to raise my kids. I feel like telling them to take my kids for a day and see how they handle my crew! And don't worry. I have had my kids fall out of the shopping cart like that. It doesn't mean we are bad mothers. We all just do our best and hopefully are kids turn out great, which I am sure yours will!
Oh and I loved the pics of her eye! I can't believe how dark it got. She is still cute with a black, swollen eye! :)

Brenda said...

I'm sorry someone left you a rude comment! Some people are not nice--don't let it get to you!

Debbie said...

aaahhhh I'm so sorry, the nerve of some people. If you don't have something nice to say, don't say anything at all, right. Too bad their mom didn't teach them that. You are a cute mom. I love reading about all the adorable things you do with your kids. Keep it up!

Anonymous said...

Hey girl, I totally agree with you on how people are quick to judge you as a person or a parent.
My son wore a cast on his left foot because he was born with a slight clubfoot. So while he was being treated for his clubfoot, he had to wear a cast to correct his foot position. I HATED taking him out in public (in the Summer time) because people would see the cast and gave us the most evil hateful looks. If only poeple knew the rEAL reason as to why he was wearing a cast, their opions would change from evil to great parents! There are far more things to worry about in this world then to go around playing God and judging people because they're not like a specific appearance or act in a particular way.
Kids are kids and they fall, break bones, scratch their knees, bite, kick, scream, throw tantrums, yell and spit. You can't control EVERY move a child does. That's life.
People should learn to get one and worry about their children and situations!
God bless your family. :)