Well today was a day of firsts for us. Ok so just two. Abi started school today. She was so excited. She's been asking when do I start school for weeks. I don't think she could quite figure out why all the kids in the neighborhood started school in the middle of August and she didn't start for a couple of weeks later. I think I was more nervous about it than she was. She hasn't been to preschool since December of last year when her teacher put their house up for sale and as a result quit teaching preschool. I was nervous for a couple of reasons. #1-She tends to be a bit moody, if she doesn't get what she wants she'll throw a royal fit! You'd never know she was 4. And #2-because last year shortly after she started preschool she began to stutter. At first it wasn't so bad, but as time went on it got worse. We started out telling her to calm down and think about what she was trying to say. That was extremely short lived because we soon found out that you're not supposed to do that. I looked up a few things on the internet which gave me a little comfort but I was still worried. It's very hard to have the patience to sit and wait for her to get what she needs to say out. Anyway, we'll see how the year goes but it should be pretty good. I've heard great things about this teacher.
As for our other first, Josh started graveyards again today. YUCK! Not our favorite, but we'll survive. Just chug along one day at a time right?
Here are a couple of pictures from Abi's first day. They're a little washed out :(


4 comments:
We are not old enough to have such big girls already! she looks like she is just apeasing you with pictures but really just wants school to get started- so cute!
What a cutie, how exciting!
So cute Shanna! I love the pics of Abbi! Good luck with preschool!
Oh yeah, will you tell your sister to once again call me about Gold Canyon. I really do want to do a party! She probably thinks I'm a flake...only part way!
Post a Comment