IN AN EFFORT TO KEEP SOME FORM OF PRIVACY...

We would love you to add our blog as a link on yours, but please just use our first names. Thanks!!

Thursday, October 23, 2008

Fall

I've had a very hard time adjusting to the fact that Fall is here. I am not excited about it. Not one bit! Slowly but surely I am getting there. I'll probably be ok with it by the time winter is here and I'll then have a hard time with that. I'm not sure if anyone else experiences the feeling (when it's time for winter to be over and spring to start) of Claustrophobia. But I have extreme cases come spring and I just want to open all of my windows and air out my house. Well I know it's not a good start to the season when I feel like that in October!
So in an effort to help myself adjust I have begun making some fall recipes. Like my mom's homeade potatoe soup. And Pumpkin Pancakes! My friend Lyndsay posted a Pumpkin Muffins reciped I'm going to have to try too! But I thought I would share my Pumpkin Pancakes Recipe. I found it at allrecipes.com. I also found a recipe for Apple Cider Syrup! SO GOOD!

Pumpkin Pancakes
2 cups all-purpose flour
3 tablespoons brown sugar
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon ground allspice
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 cups milk
1 cup pumpkin puree
1 egg
2 tablespoons vegetable oil 2 tablespoons vinegarPumpkin Pancakes

In a separate bowl, mix together the milk, pumpkin, egg, oil and vinegar. Combine the flour, brown sugar, baking powder, baking soda, allspice, cinnamon, ginger and salt, stir into the pumpkin mixture just enough to combine. Heat a lightly oiled griddle or frying pan over medium high heat. Pour or scoop the batter onto the griddle, using approximately 1/4 cup for each pancake. Brown on both sides and serve hot.

Apple Cider Syrup
3/4 cup apple cider or apple juice
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 cup corn syrup
2 tablespoons butter or margarine
1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg

In a saucepan, combine the syrup ingredients. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring occasionally. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 20-25 minutes or until slightly thickened. Let stand for 30 minutes before serving.

I hope everyone else is having a much easier time adjusting! What are some fun recipes you like to do in the fall?

1 comment:

rhernandez said...

Fall is my favorite season!