IN AN EFFORT TO KEEP SOME FORM OF PRIVACY...

We would love you to add our blog as a link on yours, but please just use our first names. Thanks!!

Friday, April 16, 2010

I.ROCK.

Just kidding. But I am pretty proud of myself this evening. With a new baby on the way I've wanted to get one of those car seat canopy things to cover the car seat but I just couldn't justify spending the amount of money some people were asking.
So I found this tutorial and decided to try it out myself. One thing I should mention is that though I've had a sewing machine for a little over 3 years now this it the most it's been used. Generally when I've pulled it out it's been to take to a Young Women's activity because we are sewing something or most recently to make rice bags for gifts for a few people. I've NEVER attempted something like this. And each time I've made something I've run into frustrations. either the bobbin on the machine being too loose or the thread getting jammed (each have resulted in unpicking the thread several times). This time it was smooth sailing and I didn't have any of those problems!!!
I think it turned out pretty good. I even want to make more!! So fun!


3 comments:

Crystal said...

That turned out great!

Debbie said...

you do indeed rock! That is adorable, I love these little covers. so cute!!!

Scarlett said...

Holy cow! I am totally impressed! I have no talent in the sewing department. You should make more and sell them. You could make a ton of money! I would for sure buy one!