Without going in to too much detail I guess I should give a quick recap of what's going on around here.
August:
-Josh's Brother DJ left on his mission to Mexico. We are so very proud of him and the choices that he has made and are enjoying seeing him learn and grow through letters.
-Another year of school started with Abigail in 2nd Grade and Hannah in Kindergarten. Both are doing very well and enjoying their teachers and classes.
-I hiked Timpanogos with a wonderful group of Friends. And when I say I hiked Timpanogos I mean to the top not just to the cave. It was a lot of fun and very trying at the same time. And I need to do it again to prove that I can do it WITH OUT getting hurt! :)
September:
- As a family for FHE we visited the 9/11 memorial or Healing Field in Sandy, UT. A very humbling experience. We felt a renewed sense of patriotism and learned more about those events and the people affected by them.
October:
-October was filled with Birthday Parties for good friends and lots of Halloween activities and events. The girls were able to dress up in their costumes several times and ended up with almost 18 lbs of candy! We had a lot of fun partying with friends and family and especially enjoyed being able to have Josh with us this year! For Halloween Abigail was a vampire and Hannah was a witch with Emalee dressed as Princess Leia. Josh even dressed up for work.
November:
Not a whole lot happened in November.
-I was pretty excited to NOT have to host Thanksgiving at our home this year. We've had it at our house for the past 3 years and I was very happy that Josh had the day off for the first time in 5 years. So we spent the day visiting with family at their homes. :) And the next day we packed up the kids and went to spend the weekend with my very good friend Kirsten and her family in Idaho. It was a relaxing and fun filled weekend.
December:
-Hannah celebrated her 6th birthday! And even better than that is that for the first time ever she was not sick on her birthday! We were able to have a friend birthday party for her the following week. She chose Rapunzel as the theme. Happy Birthday Hannah! We are very happy to have you as a part of our family and can't imagine life without you! We love you!
-My grandma celebrated her 90th birthday and we had a big family get together to celebrate with her. Happy Birthday Grandma! I love you so much!
-Christmas was split into a few different celebrations this year. My family and Josh's mom both had their "dinner" on Christmas Eve. On Christmas day we got to get up and go to church to celebrate Christ and his birth there. Then we came home and opened presents. After which we went to spend the rest of the day with Josh's dad. We had dinner there and then we were able to talk to DJ in Mexico for a little bit. We had a good Christmas and we are glad we have so much family whom we love to spend it with.
-The day before New Years Eve we woke up to a note on our van from the guy that lives across the street. He had backed into our van that morning on his way out to work. :(
-That same day I took Hannah and Abi and a couple of their friends to Heidi's spa up in Layton where they do Princess Parties (for Hannah's birthday). They all got mini face massages; hand and feet massage's and their toe nails painted. It was super fun!
-New Years Eve was spent up at Josh's Dad's house with his dad and Kris and Jennifer's family and his brother Michael from St. George. We had a lot of fun ringing in the new year and playing games with them.





1 comment:
Yay for updates! Love the pics! Good job hiking Timp. I'm so impressed. You ladies rock!
Post a Comment