Wednesday night (the 25th) I had scheduled to meet with Abi and Hannah's teachers at school for SEP's (parent teacher conference type thing). My appointment was at 6:30 for Abi and 6:40 for Hannah. And I had an HOA meeting at 7. Little did I know when I left the house how the next hour would go. I got to the school a couple minutes early. Josh had a meeting so I had them with me and a friend stayed and watched them after meeting with her daughter's teachers. At 6:45 Abi's teacher was still meeting with the parents from 6:20 (or so I assume). Luckily the people behind me had cancelled or something so she didn't have another appointment until 6:50. So since she was running a bit behind I decided to go down to Hannah's class and see how it was going there and if I could get in and then go back to Abi's teacher. But when I got there Hannah's teacher had not even called the 6:20 parents in yet! At this point I was becoming extremely frustrated and angry. So I went back to Abi's class and her teacher finished up and called me in at 6:50. She had nothing but good things to say and we finished up and I decided that meeting with Hannah's teacher was just NOT going to happen that night. So we left.
After dropping the girls off at home I rushed over to my meeting. When I returned home that evening I sent Hannah's teacher an email asking if there was another time I could meet with her since I didn't get to that evening.
Well I received an email back from her teacher last night. The first part of it was nice. Stating how Hannah was doing in school and how much she enjoyed having her in her class. And then I read the following paragraph and started laughing!
"I will mention, though, that right after we got back from Christmas break I noticed she seemed really sad, and she had mentioned a few things about missing her dad or something like that. More specifically, when the question of the day was "Did you have a good christmas break?" she was the only student who answered "no" and when writing a new years wish, she wrote "I wish for my dad to come home." I know it's not my business, and I haven't talked to her about it, so i don't know if she is being over dramatic about nothing, but I thought you'd like to know about this, and that she is expressing these feelings at school. Like i said, most of this happened a few weeks ago, not so much lately."
So this morning I talked a little with Hannah about it. And then I took a little trip to the school to explain to her teacher that her dad and I are not separated or anything of the sort. I'm not sure where it all came from. Her dad worked overtime for part of November and most of December but he was home for more of this Christmas break than he was in any years past. Silly girl. I'm sure Hannah just doesn't understand how it was all perceived. So I told her it's ok for her to miss daddy when he's at work or out of town but if she's having a problem or she's sad about something to come and talk to daddy or I. So funny! I have a feeling that I'm going to have to explain a lot of wild things over the years. :)
2 comments:
Ha ha! That's really funny. I'm finding out that 6 year old girls are overly-dramatic about EVERYTHING!
I love this story! It's a good thing our daughters are so cute! ;)
Post a Comment