IN AN EFFORT TO KEEP SOME FORM OF PRIVACY...

We would love you to add our blog as a link on yours, but please just use our first names. Thanks!!

Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Tummy Troubles

If you think it's hard to have sick children; you should have spent the last few weeks in my house. As mentioned in the previous post our first night with Josh out of town was the start of things. And though I mentioned that Hannah's sickness was due to my own stupidity I'm not so sure about that anymore. See the Friday after Hannah's little episode (the 10th) I woke up from an average night sleep and felt a little wierd. I began having a few stomach pains. After sitting on my bed and feeling them progressively get worse I called Josh (not that he could do anything being so far away but give words of comfort). I came to realize this was not a good idea as it only made him worry about me, and at one point he said he was going to call an ambulance. Doubled over in pain I was a little scared and not sure of what to do. See this same morning my mother was in surgery to have her gal bladder removed. And in times of need my brain never functions properly so I could not seem to think of many friends with a car big enough to hold my two girls myself and their children too. So when it got to be too much to bear and after talking to my friend Mandy we decided that it was best that she come down to Lehi from Bountiful (which meant another 1/2 hour or so of waiting) and I would see if a neighbor would watch my children. So I waited until one of the pains subsided and ran across the street to the neighbors house and rang the door bell. As luck would have it by the time she answered the door I was doubled over in pain again. After a brief overview of my story she told me to call my friend back and let her know that the neighbor was going to take me to the ER. So we left my kids still in their pj's and wild hair with her husband and left. She was great to stay with me and hold my hand when they put the IV in. I HATE NEEDLES! You would think that after having a couple of kids one wouldn't be so babyish about getting one but I still cry and yell. Anyway, after some morphine things were going pretty well. They never found anything wrong with me. they checked all sorts of things. Nice to know my ER co-pay went to good use. My neighbor was great throughout the whole day though she took me home and got me into bed. Took my girls the whole day. Brought me lunch and dinner, made sure the girls got a nap, and even bathed them and put them in bed for me. Well the following few days went pretty good. Then at about 4:30 am on the following Monday (the 13th) Abi woke up walked into my bedroom said "Mommy my throat hurts" and then lost everything in her tummy on my bedroom floor. And this continued throughout the day. She couldn't even keep water down. The next day she seemed just fine and even went to school on Wednesday. Well on Wednesday Ami came to stay with us for a few days and I mentioned to her that we had all been sick recently. But that we were over it for a few days now. Well things were going pretty well and the night I was supposed to go and pick Josh up from the airport (Friday night/Saturday morning); Ami came in at about 1 am and told me that Braxton (her 1 year old) was throwing up. So she spent the night with him on the couch in my front room much like the day I spent with Abi and he couldn't keep water down either. The following day (Sunday) Ami got it. After I had done so much to sanitize my whole house. Then Monday Abi got it again! Tuesday we thought she was doing so well and then Tuesday night she lost it on our bedroom floor again! Luckily this was the last time. And for a week now we have all been fairly healthy. Cross our fingers it doesn't come back. Kudos to the single mom's out there who don't have anyone to help them when their child/children is sick. It was hard enough to do it for two weeks by myself, I can't imagine what it would have been like if Josh had not been home to help out for the last little bit.

No comments: