Last night Josh and I went up to Wolf Mountain with Heidi and Mike (my sister and her fiance) to go snowboarding for the very first time! Woo Hoo! It was great! When we got there we went over to the little practice hill. Josh got up and just took off, but didn't get too far before he fell and did something to his elbow. Good sport that he is though he just got up and went again. No help! Me on the other hand, I was too afraid to let go of Mike's hands. We didn't get too far before Mike decided that it wasn't all that great of a hill to work on so we went and got in line for the lift. I was a bit nervous seeing as though I'm HORRIFIED OF HEIGHTS, but it turned out not to be so bad. The hardest part was trying to get off. That was great entertainment for all who saw it. The first time down Mike held on to my hands and we both fell several times. He has so much patience. It litterally took forever to get down that hill. Poor Mike had to go backward all the way down and by the time we got down his calves were hurting him. The next time down I took a bit of a break and decided to wait at the bottom and take a video of Josh coming down. Then we went up again. This time Mike helped me get started and went down the hill a little and then let go. About this point was when Josh looked back at us and said "I want to try going backward" and he turned around and then promplty fell! It was hillarious! I busted up laughing and as a result fell myself. I was still having problems getting up after falling so whenever I fell Mike had to come help me up. Then the last time down the hill I finally figured out how to get myself up and I only fell twice! Well actually I like how Mike put it that I just stopped to rest. I had so much fun! It's definitely something we will do again! Thanks Heidi and Mike for taking us with you and thanks Mike for having the patience to teach me! You guys are awesome! Here's a few pictures/videos for your enjoyment. Pay no attention to my sister in the one video she was a little excited! :) Love ya Heid!



5 comments:
I was a little excited in that video but I am super proud of you both!! You did AWESOME!!! You guys were so good and I am glad you guys had fun! You so have to come with us again! Love you both!!!
Woohoo!! Good job Shanna and Josh! You look like pros!
Looks fun! I remember trying to learn to snowboard. I probably looked like and idiot! I am glad you guys got out by yourselves and did something fun!
Shanna! I saw your blog on facebook and it's super cute!Hope you don't mind me adding it to my "those who we stalk" list! That snowboarding looks so fun!!!
Good job Shanna, that looks like so much fun. Hey...thanks for posting the Honey pork chop recipe. It's soooo yummy and a new favorite around here.
Post a Comment