IN AN EFFORT TO KEEP SOME FORM OF PRIVACY...

We would love you to add our blog as a link on yours, but please just use our first names. Thanks!!

Sunday, June 10, 2012

We have a two year old!

Little Emalee turned 2 last month! I can't believe how fast the time has gone! She can be so sweet yet such a little stinker when she wants to be! We can't imagine life without her though!

Here's her 2 year stats

Height: 35.5 inches (90th percentile)

Weight: 28 lbs (70th percentile)

Head: 18.6 inches (50th percentile)

And now a little back story on getting those stats.........
I had no idea when we walked through the door at the doctors office what I was in for. Little did I know that the minute they picked up Emalee's chart and called us back that I was actually with Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde.
As soon as we walked into the exam room and the nurse told me that she needed Emalee in just a dry diaper and then walked out Emalee turned into Mr. Hyde. As I was trying to take off her shirt she was sitting there screaming and holding it on her face. Then we walked out for her to be weighed still screaming she wouldn't sit on the scale or stand on the "big kid" scale. So to get her weight I ha to hold her and then be weighed on my own so they could subtract and get her weight. Then in order to measure her height I had to pin her down on the exam table so they could mark the top of her head and then her toes on the paper and measure that. And quite frankly I'm surprised at how fast the nurse got her head measurement because she wasn't having any of that either. Then she screamed throughout her exam. After which she got a shot. But as soon as we were back in the car and on our way home she was all smiles again. Welcome back Dr. Jekyll. Seriously! Oh how I LOVE this stage.
A few other things about her at this stage......
She has picked up biting. (But not a lot thankfully.)
She talks a ton!!!! (So stinkin cute!)
She loves to play with her sisters squinkies and Polly pockets. (much to their dismay sometimes)
She loves her cousins and friends and squeals with delight when she gets to play with them.
All in all I'd gladly suffer through the not so much fun stuff just to hear her giggle and see her smile.
She's such a cute little stinker!
We love you Emalee!!!!

2 comments:

Scarlett said...

She is so dang cute!

Heidi said...

Love hannah in the picture!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!! :-) Love your girls!!!