I'm not sure how many people actually read this blog anymore. Not that it really matters since Most of what I write here is for the purpose of remembering it later. And that should give you and idea of the type of journal writer I am.
Anyway, earlier this month we had parent teacher conference for the two older girls. We were very pleased to hear things like your daughter is doing great in class. She is very kind I everyone. And she's right where she should be or she's doing very well in this area and I'd like to advance her to a level higher to push her a little.
When we met with Abi's teacher she gave us a paper explaining to us that she had given it to the students to rate themselves in different areas. The choices were "Super" "Great" "Good" and "Try Harder" most of the areas she marked super, great, or good. There were only two areas in which she marked "try harder". Those two areas were math and getting along with others. Her teacher told us to maybe we could talk with her about the worksheet and find out why she would rate herself the way she did. And to let her know if there was anything she could do to help in those areas.
I was concerned that maybe she didn't feel like she had that many friends. Or something. She had told me one day that for recess she couldn't find anyone to play with so she walked around the playground by herself. So sad.
When we got home that evening as we were putting the girls to bed we talked a little bit about the meetings we had with their teachers and how pleased we were with how they were doing in school. And I brought out the paper and asked Abi about it. We went through each item. And she explained why she would rate herself that way. When we got to getting along with others she said something that blew me away. She told me "there's this boy in my class and when the teacher is talking sometimes he'll get up and crawl around on the floor or talk to others." And when I asked her what that had to do with her she said "I just think I could be a better example to him".
Talk about a proud parent moment. She is such a great example to others and such a sweet, kind, and caring girl. And she amazes me everyday. Love you Abigail!

2 comments:
She is adorable! I just love your kids!
I know you told me the story already but I loved reading it again! I love your kids! They are all such sweet spirits! :)
Post a Comment