IN AN EFFORT TO KEEP SOME FORM OF PRIVACY...

We would love you to add our blog as a link on yours, but please just use our first names. Thanks!!

Saturday, January 5, 2008

Christmas

Ok so I know that I am a little behind. Sorry. The past few weeks have been a whirlwind it seems. So I'm just now posting for Christmas. It also has not helped that Josh has had the laptop with him on the days he works for the past month. Christmas was kind of crazy for us but it all turned out good. Each year for Christmas my family and Josh's family rotate names of families for gifts. This year it turned out that we got families on both sides who were in real need of help this year. We usually set aside money for a family gift and this year we decided that the families we had needed it more. We also decided that each year we will put any extra money that would go to a family gift or anything like that toward a family in need. Whether it be a family member or finding someone through the bishop or other means. I was trying to find ways to show my kids that Christmas is more about giving that getting. And I hope this will help.

I tried to be sure that everything was done on before Christmas eve so that we weren't running around the very last minute and we weren't staying up really late either. And it was very nice for once to have a relaxing Christmas Eve. We ate dinner then put on the movie Polar Express while we decorated a gingerbread house. Then we read Scriptures and put everyone to bed. Christmas morning Josh and I got up and showered and when the girls woke up we went downstairs to see what Santa had brought. The girls got a V-Smile, little Disney Princess dolls, and a tent play area from Santa; some clothing from mom and dad; new blankets for their beds, and a few other things which I can't think of at this moment. After opening gifts we finished getting ready and went to Josh's dad's house for Breakfast. The girls had fun playing with their cousins there and they got to open a few more presents then it was off to my parent's house for a little while. We hadn't planned on staying long because we were eating at Josh's mom's house. but we were there for a little longer than expected because we were waiting for a few people to arrive so we could see them all. After exchanging gifts there we were off to Josh's mom's house. Upon arriving there we all sat down to eat. Josh had barely sat down and begun to eat when he went to the sink for some reason and found that it was leaking very badly. So he worked on it for a little while and then we all sat down to exchange gifts there. After gifts he worked on the sink a little more and then set up her surround sound we had given her for Christmas. And since he didn't get to eat much we stopped off at my mom's house for a minute so he could get something to eat and we could take some leftovers. Christmas turned out to be a very busy day for us. I think that in future years we will have to arrange things a little better but I think it turned out alright anyway. Apparently we took more video than we did pictures so we don't have a whole lot to post. But here are a few that I do have.


No comments: