IN AN EFFORT TO KEEP SOME FORM OF PRIVACY...

We would love you to add our blog as a link on yours, but please just use our first names. Thanks!!

Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Conference Weekend

So I'm a little late posting this but I had to document a few of the things we did Conference Weekend. In addition to listening to Conference, which was really good. Saturday morning the girls and I made cinnamon rolls and orange rolls for breakfast and then we listened to conference while doing things around the house. And Josh worked. He got off early and rushed home so we could hurry and go up to Bountiful so he could go to Priesthood with his dad and the girls and I went and hung out with my mom. After Priesthood Session we met up with Josh and his family to go to dinner (tradition). When we got home Josh decided he wanted to buzz his head.
Sunday morning I made a special breakfast (I found the recipe off of a relatives blog). French Toast made with Chunky Cinnamon Bread from Kneaders (those lucky enough to live in Utah or Yuma Arizona will be able to purchase this bread for $4 plus tax). It was delicious. I thought we wouldn't have enough for us to eat but just the French Toast was plenty. For those who would like to try it sometime, here's the recipe.


1 Loaf Kneaders Chunky Cinnamon Bread (cut into 8 slices)
6-7 eggs
2 1/2 cups of milk
1 Tbsp brown sugar
3/4 tsp. salt
1 Tbsp vanilla
2 Tbsp butter
Butter or grease a glass 9x13 pan. Place Bread slices flat in pan. Mix remaining ingredients, reserving butter and pour over the bread. Cut butter into pieces and dot over the tops. Refridgerate overnight. Bake 45-50 minutes at 350.

After Conference was over Josh disappeared for a little while and then emerged from the bathroom saying "What do you think? This is what I would look like years down the road." He had shaved just the top of his head leaving the sides and back. I laughed, took a picture and he went in and finished the rest of it.

1 comment:

Amy said...

First, that french toast sounds divine! I will definitely have to give that a try. Do you eat it with syrup still?

Second, I love the old man do! I think he should have kept it!

Third, your other breakfast sounds delicious too. I would love the recipes for the home made cinnamon and orange rolls. We always buy Dick's butterflake orange rolls and love them!