IN AN EFFORT TO KEEP SOME FORM OF PRIVACY...

We would love you to add our blog as a link on yours, but please just use our first names. Thanks!!

Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Easter 2009

Easter weekend was a very busy weekend for me. Saturday was an extremely busy day so I didn't get out to buy egg dye. Ooops! And since Josh doesn't get home from work until about 7:20 every night it wasn't possible to do it any other night of the week. So Sunday morning I broke out the food coloring and we made our own dye! It was fun. Maybe something I will do every year. It's cheaper too. I mean I know egg dye isn't that expensive but when you already have everything at home it's cheaper than spending money right?

The Easter baskets were a bit different too. We decided that we wanted to bring a bit more of the "reason" we celebrate Easter into their baskets. So instead of toys and stuff like that we bought Children's Songbooks, and church stickerbooks (Jesus Christ visits America) to put in their baskets. They still got a little candy, but we tried to downscale it. All in all it was a good Easter. After church we ask the girls what they learned in class that day and usually they just say "I learned about Jesus." Then we have to ask them what they learned about Jesus. On Easter when I asked them what they learned about they both went on and on about how they had learned about Jesus in the tomb (or tube as Hannah would say) and how he was ressurected. Or talk about the spear mark on his side or the nail prints in his hands. It was amazing to talk to them and hear what they learned.
After church we went to Josh's mom's house for dinner, then stopped at my parents house and then finally up to Josh's dad's house. It turned out to be a long day but a nice one.
It was great to reflect on everything the Savior has done for us. I'm thankful for the Atonement, for the Sacrifice that Jesus Christ made for me so that I can return to live with him and my Father in Heaven someday.

2 comments:

Amy said...

Cute eggs and I am impressed you made your own dye! Love the girls dresses and I love that you did a spiritual Easter. I need to do that next year!

j e s s i e said...

Thanks for entering in my give away!
-Jessie
... and I also saw you are a follower, thanks!!