IN AN EFFORT TO KEEP SOME FORM OF PRIVACY...

We would love you to add our blog as a link on yours, but please just use our first names. Thanks!!

Friday, April 17, 2009

Curly vs Straight

Growing up I hated my naturally wavy hair. I still don't like it but I've managed to deal with it. Then when I had kids the first one was born with naturally curly hair and the second with stick straight hair. You couldn't tell from the start that Abi's hair was going to be curly. It looked like she hardly had any. Hannah on the other hand had a ton of black hair when she was born that I couldn't get to lay down for the life of me. It was so cute! It's amazing how different two little girls so close in age that are sisters could be so different in not only personality but also in looks.
Hannah has been asking me for about a week to make her hair curly. My first attempt was with curlers. I grew up with the pink sponge curlers. My mom would put them in my hair on Saturday night and when I woke up Sunday morning I would have a very close resemblance to Shirley Temple. They didn't have these kind of curlers at Wal-Mart when I went so we had to settle for another kind that were not so comfortable to wear much less sleep in. But we tried them anyway. I rolled them in her hair and then used a hair dryer to apply heat as instructed on the packaging. That didn't work so well. The hair dryer was too warm on her skin and she got impatient really fast. The next day we went to my mom's house and she had some of the sponge rollers. Tuesday night we decided to try it. I put her hair in them and we then went to Del Taco for dinner and the girls played. That night after reutrning from Mutual I walked in to the sounds of my girls in the bath tub. I went upstairs and Josh said he didn't wash her hair but she had dumped water on it. And she refused to sleep in the curlers. My mistake for putting them in her hair before the bath. Oops! So I decided to borrow a curling iron from my sister-in-law. Today we curled Hannah's hair. But that's not all. I figured in the process I might as well straighten Abi's. So without further ado......

3 comments:

Kate said...

They are so very cute!

Sara said...

They're so cute!
It's funny to see them switched up like that. I bet they loved it.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.