IN AN EFFORT TO KEEP SOME FORM OF PRIVACY...

We would love you to add our blog as a link on yours, but please just use our first names. Thanks!!

Monday, February 18, 2008

SICK of it!

Ordinarily about this time of year I am starting to get really sick of winter. Mostly because there are no major holidays to look forward to, and I'm tired of being couped up inside for so long. This year however, another factor came in to play. At least one person in our house has had some kind of illness for the past four (almost 5) months! Hannah's surgery is on Wednesday so hopefully that will be taken care of then. However on Saturday morning Abi woke up with a red eye. No big deal I thought, it's happened to her before and then it went away. Then that night she woke up crying saying that her tummy hurt and her ear hurt. So I gave her some tummy medicine and some Ibuprofen, then just to be safe I brought her a bowl in case she needed to throw up. After that I went to bed. I had just gotten settled when she started crying again so I went in and let's just say it's a good thing I gave her the bowl. I took care of her again and got her back to bed. Well after a couple more times going into her bedroom she finally went to sleep. Yesterday morning she woke up and her other eye was red. But she was not complaining about her ear anymore (although I was pretty sure she had or was getting an infection). Well I took her to the doctor today and just as I suspected she has an infection in both ears. I never would have thought that an ear infection and eye infections were related until Hannah got her eye infection because of her ear infection.
Needless to say I'm so ready for spring and warmer weather!!!!

1 comment:

Brenda said...

It sounds like you've had a full plate the past few months. I'm praying for you guys. What is Hannah's surgery for?