IN AN EFFORT TO KEEP SOME FORM OF PRIVACY...

We would love you to add our blog as a link on yours, but please just use our first names. Thanks!!

Thursday, February 28, 2008

Motivation

I haven't really felt like doing much of anything lately. My house has been extremely gross. And honestly I don't know what I do with my time. However, it's surprising how much motivation comes when someone gets sick.
Last Saturday we ended up having to take Abi in to the doctor because she had a fever of 104. While we were there waiting Hannah's temperature started to rise. Each day I've waited patiently (or not so patiently) for the fevers to break. Then yesterday afternoon I'd had enough and I had an emotional breakdown last night. Thankfully I called my sister-in-law, who pretty much dropped everything and left her kids to come and sit with my sick kids while Josh had school and work so that I could get some time out of the house and go to the store. She's a LIFESAVER!
Anyway, so before I went to bed last night I made a list of things I wanted/needed to get done today. And I decided that I would just settle for cleaning the rooms on the main floor. So after taking Abi in to the doctor again this morning (she has the flu). I came home and got to work with dusting, and such in the living room. By the time I finished that it was time for the girls to get up and Josh to go to school. So I moved upstairs and let the girls play up there (something they don't usually get to do during the day because Josh sleeps). And I'm very pleased to say that I have successfully cleaned and sanitized the upstairs AND the main floor! YIPPEE!! I rock! And now as a reward I'm going to get a bowl of ice cream and go fold some sheets! And hope that since tomorrow is the 7th or 8th day that the fevers will be gone or on the way out.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good Job!! I wish I was as good at motivating myself.

Brenda said...

Wow, I can totally relate. I had a thought today that I really wanted to just get my whole house clean. So far it hasn't happened yet, but I have gotten some laundry folded. That's gotta count for something.

Debbie said...

Oh it's so nice to get a break sometimes. What does Josh do? Ryan sleeps during the day too, luckily the boys are at school so it's not a big deal.